Saints Foundation is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people (under 18s) and adults at risk, engaged in our activities. It is the duty of all adults working at Saints Foundation to safeguard the welfare of children and young people by creating an environment that protects them from harm.
Saints Foundation adopts Southampton Football Club's policies.
Margaret Sainsbury, Head of Safeguarding, is the designated person for safeguarding at Southampton Football Club, whilst Saints Foundation has designated members of staff who are nominated Safeguarding Officers, who can also be contacted for matters relating to safeguarding.
For any safeguarding questions, please contact the Head of Safeguarding on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Saints Foundation office.
Southampton FC's full safeguarding policy can be viewed online - http://saintsfoundation.co.uk/safeguarding/
At Saints Foundation Soccer Schools, we want your child to get the most out their experience with us. We strongly recommend that your child brings the following items. If your child arrives at the venue without the compulsory items (marked *) we regret that they will not be permitted to take part and full payment will still be taken.
We recommend football boots (studs or moulds), Astroturf trainers or trainers.
Depending on the length of your child's course, a healthy lunch is important for your child to maintain good energy levels. Skill Development and Player Progression groups will have a 1 hour break for lunch. All groups will also break for a snack mid-morning (including Billy's Beginners).
Shin pads are compulsory for each child. Without shin pads, your child will not be able to take part. If your child does not currently own shin pads, you can purchase shin pads from our Club shop or online store.
We cannot guarantee regular access to water at some venues, therefore it is important to ensure that your child stays well hydrated by providing plenty of water for the day.
If your child is a goalkeeper, or is booked on to a goalkeeping course, then it is compulsory to bring goalkeeping gloves. We will not be able to provide these at our courses.
We recommend that you provide your child with sun cream, particularly during summer courses, as participants may be out in the sun for a few hours each day.
If you have a specific question that is not answered on this page, please email email@example.com.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the purchase of Vouchers and booking of, and attendance at, sessions of the various sports courses and clubs run by Saints Foundation (SFC) ("Saints Foundation") including but not limited to Soccer Schools, Saints Tots, Coaching Centres, School Sports Clubs and others that may be added from time to time. By purchasing a Voucher or booking the relevant Session you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Attendee means the child or young person specified in the Booking and who shall participate in the Session(s)
Booker means the person who has booked the Session(s);
Booking means the reservation of space for a Participant at a specified Session, made by the Booker;
Vouchers means one or multiple E-vouchers purchased by the Booker on the Website which can be redeemed on the Website in order to book Sessions;
Participants means those who participate in the courses run by Saints Foundation;
Parties means Saints Foundation and the Booker;
Saints Foundation means Saints Foundation (SFC) with company number 04312794, and charity number 1090916, whose registered office is at St Mary's Stadium,
Britannia Road, Southampton, SO14 5FP;
Session means the one or multiple sessions of the relevant course (for example Saints Tots) booked by the Booker;
Session Date means the date the relevant session will take place;
Venue means the specific area of the location in which the Session will take place;
Website means the Saints Foundation website used for the booking of Sessions and Vouchers.
In these terms and conditions words in the singular include the plural and vice versa.
1. The Booker (where the Booker is the Attendee and over the age of 13 or is the parent or legal guardian of the Attendee) hereby consents to the following:
Where the Booker is neither the Attendee and aged 13 or over, nor the parent or legal guardian of the Attendee, they warrant that they shall procure from the parent or legal guardian of the Attendee, or the Attendee themselves, consent to the above.
2. The Booker warrants that the Attendee is sufficiently fit, physically and medically, to participate in the Session(s) and that any conditions, medical, dietary or otherwise, which the Attendee may have and which should be brought to the attention of Saints Foundation to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Attendee have been provided during booking.
3. The Booker acknowledges and accepts that participation of the Attendee is subject to the Rules and Regulations of Participation.
4. The Booker has the right, during the 14 days immediately following purchase, to return Vouchers in return for a full refund. To do this the Booker must contact the Saints Foundation with written confirmation. For the avoidance of doubt, once this request is processed the Vouchers, whether in the possession of the Booker or not, will be void.
5. Should the Booker wish to cancel a Booking for one or multiple Sessions they shall notify Saints Foundation as soon as reasonably possible by contacting Saints Foundation. Where such cancellation is made within 14 days of Booking the cost of the Sessions shall be refunded in full. For Bookings cancelled outside of this period Saints Foundation shall, in its sole discretion, decide whether to issue a refund (whether full or partial).
6. Saints Foundation reserves the right to postpone, cancel or move the location of any Sessions for any reason outside of Saints Foundation's control, including but not limited to inclement weather, staff sickness, or the unavailability of third party venues. Where a Session is postponed, cancelled or moved Saints Foundation shall notify the Booker as soon as reasonably practicable and in the event of cancellation the Booker shall be given a full refund (to be paid by Saints Foundation within 30 days of cancellation).
7. Bookings are non-transferable, non-assignable and cannot be sold. Only the Attendee specified in the Booking may participate in the Session(s).
8. The Booker acknowledges that the Sessions take place on sites that are not owned or operated by Saints Foundation however Saints Foundation will conduct a risk assessment of the Venue before each Session and will conduct a risk assessment of the wider site on at least an annual basis.
9. If at any time the Booker wishes to make a complaint please refer to Saints Foundation's Complaints Policy available in the Parent Guide of the booking site.
10. Saints Foundation shall comply at all times in the running of the Sessions with its Safeguarding Policy, a copy of which is available on Saints Foundation's website, and shall comply with the Children Act 2004 and the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.
11. Saints Foundation shall operate at all times at a minimum ratio of 1 coach to 16 Participants, and 1 coach to 12 participants on Saints Tots and Advanced Coaching Centres.
12. If the Booker breaches these terms and conditions the Booking shall be void and the Attendee shall not be entitled to participate in the Session(s). For the avoidance of doubt, in this circumstance no refund will be due to the Booker.
13. Saints Foundation will comply will all applicable data protection legislation including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and any amendment or replacement thereto.
14. Saints Foundation is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury, howsoever caused, except to the extent that it occurs as a result of the negligence of Saints Foundation, its employees or agents, or as a result of any fraud or misrepresentation on the part of Saints Foundation.
15. The invalidity or partial invalidity of any provision of the Conditions shall not prejudice or affect the remainder of the Conditions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
16. Saints Foundation's failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, power or remedy provided by these terms and conditions or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that right, power or remedy.
17. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising under or in connection with them shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The following reflects Southampton Football Club feedback and complaint mechanisms, as stated in the Club Safeguarding Policy.
Saints Foundation recognises the right of all of our participants, children, young people (under 18s) and their parents or carers to have access to a complaints procedure.
The Foundation will ensure that all complaints are taken seriously and dealt with swiftly and in confidence.
At Saints Foundation we aim to do things well. One of the ways in which we can achieve this is by listening to and responding to the views and suggestions of children, parents, schools, clubs and partner organisations - the voice of our stakeholders.
If you are not happy with something we do or anything that happens to participants on our activities or anything that is child-related, please let us know immediately.
Most complaints can be resolved at the time of the initial problem - please take prompt action.
Comments and Suggestions
As well as learning from your complaints, we are also interested in other ideas you may have on how we might do things better. We would also like you to tell us when we do things well.
You can make your comments by speaking to any members of our staff, telephone or in writing or you can e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org We will use your comments to help improve the way we do things.
Complaints regarding poor practice in children's activities or relating to children (under 18s), such as bullying, will be shared with the Department Safeguarding Officer or designated Safeguarding Officer for the Activity, and if not resolved, the Head of Safeguarding.
Bullying and Discrimination
All participants have the right to enjoy football in a safe and enjoyable environment free from harm - this is our commitment to all participants, children and parents. We encourage parents and players to support each other as part of our team ethos and any behaviour that undermines these principles is not acceptable.
Any conduct by a participant that is perceived as offensive, bullying or discriminatory - or has caused harm to another participant - should be reported to us immediately. We take these incidents seriously and give them our attention as a priority. It is imperative that we take prompt action and investigate the incident. Also, we encourage anyone who observes such incidents to contact us.
Your Personal Information
If you use our complaints procedure, you are agreeing that we can use the personal information you send us for purposes connected with your complaint.
How to make a complaint
Most complaints can be resolved promptly at the time of the initial problem.
You can make a complaint about any area of our work. In the first instance, take prompt action:
If the Foundation person is unable to resolve your complaint, it may be referred to the next level, ie: Head Coach or Football & Sports Development Senior Officer. You may need to provide your personal details so that we can get back to you or follow up.
If you are not satisfied - how to make a formal complaint
If you are not happy with the explanation you receive, our action to address the issue or feel that you cannot talk about it, then make your complaint in writing to Tom Grevatt ten working days of the incident - please mark it 'Confidential' and send to: Southampton Football Club, St Mary's Stadium, Britannia Road, Southampton, SO14 5FP or send an email to: email@example.com mark your email 'Confidential - Complaint' for priority attention.
Be clear about the problem and say how you feel it should be dealt with.
What we need to know
What we will do
We will deal with your complaint as quickly as we can.
If we are unable to respond quickly, for example, because we are carrying out an investigation, we will tell you when you can expect a full reply.
If we require further information or clarification, we will contact you - so please give contacts details and co-operate with our requests for information.
If we have done something wrong or made a mistake, we will apologise. We will tell you what went wrong and how we are putting it right.
If you are not happy with the outcome, then you have the right of appeal - see below.
If you have followed the above steps and you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may appeal the outcome:
You need to outline the complaint and stages reached so far and the reasons why you are dissatisfied.
Your appeal will be investigated by a Club official (Margaret Sainsbury) who has not been previously involved in the complaint process and you will receive written notification of the outcome within 10 working days.
If you want to take the matter further
If you feel the matter is still not resolved, you can refer out your complaint. Along with all Premier League Clubs, the work of Southampton FC is monitored by the Premier League.
If you have followed the above steps, including the appeal, then contact the Premier League. The Premier League will look into the matter and reply to you.
Write to: Jessica Addicott, Head of Safeguarding, The Premier League Ltd, 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8PL.Download Complaint Form